one to one coaching

First Post Edit

ben agham

Banned Users
Hi WWI

IMHO, you should allow thread starters modify first post.
Because if system is updated, files are uploaded, it will be easier to check on the first post instead of looking on different posts.
This will make things more efficient.

Just a suggestion

Ben WWI is out right now, but here is the problem, we now are screening the new post. if we allow them to change it. what happens is that spammers come in, post it clean, then go back and change it and then we cannot filter it.
We have cut down over 40 percent of deletions and time spent chasing spammers from hostile posting in the forum. We appreciate your suggestions, They always welcome, but right now, it is a greater asset to not allow that. If somebody wants to clean up a post, they have two options contact a moderator or merely create a post by replying with a quote and in the header calling it a update.

Peachy

Hi WWI

Because if system is updated, files are uploaded, it will be easier to check on the first post instead of looking on different posts.

Just a suggestion

Update!!!!!!!! This is a update to Ben's first post. ( Example) that is how you can handle it on your own.)

Peachy

Hi WWI

Just a suggestion

ben agham

Banned Users
Hi

Thanks for explaining, so there are 2 options to modify. The best would be to comment it.

I know that you want to avoid spam,
What i suggest is to just grant the thread owner to only modify the first post.

Example: I created a thread,
On that thread, i can edit the first post anytime.(Only the first post) But When i edit the first post and click OK, there will also prompt that the moderators check it first before the edit is published.
That way, it will be more systematic in retrieving new versions of files, templates and reading updates.
Other people posting will not be able to edit the other posts.
Also i wont be allowed to edit my other posts, only the first post.

For short,
The thread will have Option to edit the first post... then click submit.... then published if approved by moderator.

If not possible, i understand, we will just do the 2 methods you suggested.
no worries

ben

daveM

Ben WWI is out right now, but here is the problem, we now are screening the new post. if we allow them to change it. what happens is that spammers come in, post it clean, then go back and change it and then we cannot filter it.
We have cut down over 40 percent of deletions and time spent chasing spammers from hostile posting in the forum. We appreciate your suggestions, They always welcome, but right now, it is a greater asset to not allow that. If somebody wants to clean up a post, they have two options contact a moderator or merely create a post by replying with a quote and in the header calling it a update.

Peachy
For as big as it is, this forum is excellent..
I am not a most frequent visitor or poster... but I really appreciate what the forum offers....

one to one coaching